Organic search is the source of 51 percent of overall web traffic and 40 percent of the revenue. This is the reason that marketing teams aim to increase search traffic consistently. If you’re able to rank on the first page for keywords in search engine results, and you can find an increase in organic traffic.
However, ranking in the first three search results for the same keyword will drive traffic jump dominantly. Whereas, if you fail to rank on first page, you’re missing the opportunities to get more revenue.
So it’s more essential to figure out the ways to increase organic traffic to succeed in search marketing. Here is a list of six strategies to help increase organic traffic within 6 months and reach your long-term marketing goals.
1. Find Non-Performing Content
Non-performing content is nothing but content that doesn’t achieve its marketing goals (drive organic traffic or referrals from others). If it’s not favourable, then it may even hurt your chances of generating organic traffic.
However, non-performing content consumes a crawl budget (how search engines decide the number of pages, and crawls in a website. If your website is loaded with non-performing contents, search engines may snarl up to crawl those content and restrict your website before crawling great content.
Identify and eliminate your non-performing content to help search engines crawl the important contents in site. Effective content can rank your site better in the SERPs, which generates more organic traffic within 6 months.
How to Identify Non-Performing Content
You need to identify the top performing content in your site including, (backlinks, site traffic and ranking keywords). You can run a content audit to do this in a best way possible as follows:
- Create a report of target keywords and relevant articles that don’t generate required organic traffic. The best way is using the Keywords tool.
- Just search for the keywords that drive traffic to your website and shortlist them.
- You can use filters to eliminate terms that drive more organic traffic.
- This gives a list of keywords which drive more traffic to your site. You can even download these keywords to find which drive traffic to URL in site.
- Cross-reference all the URL’s performance based on organic metrics that includes (organic traffic, site bounce rate, on page and CTR).
- Assess your content quality and maintain timeliness throughout.
- Identify SEO issues like broken links, and duplicate content with the help of SEO tools.
- You can use content audit features to organize your information properly.
Once after analyzing non-performing contents, it’s essential to follow these steps in next steps:
- Refresh your site on-page SEO and low-performing content in your site. You can optimize your meta tags, page headers and ALT tags in images to increase rankings in SERPs.
- Redirect organic traffic from the non performing ones to higher-converting pages.
- Make use of canonical redirects in most relevant content. As these tags will help search engines to find which content to prioritize.
- Make audits for every month to optimize your site performance and ensure to optimize non-performing contents.
2. Optimize Your Site CTR
Positioning your site pages is only a half victory in the organic traffic battle, you have to make searchers click on search result than your competitors.
To optimize for click-through rate (CTR) can be beneficial. First, you need to attract searchers away from competitors and drive them towards your own for organic traffic. Second you need to direct positive signals to search engines (A high CTR) to prioritize search results by Google.
How to Improve your CTR
There is not any single strategy that can boost your CTR. You need to take a holistic approach by following these steps:
- Identify the content that has a low CTR in your site in results pages with Google Search Console. You can even download it and organize by CTR. Find webpages with lower CTR but highly performing content for best optimization results.
- You can craft your meta tags SEO-friendly. This may include target keywords to make the title more engaging. Know the best PPC ad examples: To optimize PPC ads for CTR that have high CTR.
- Meta descriptions are the most important factors in CTR. Ensure to include a clear CTA and exact anchor text for ranking.
- Don’t forget to understand your user’s intent: For instance, the term “top tools to increase organic traffic” has an influential intent behind it. Moreover, you site SEO meta description must reflect that.
- Track and monitor all the changes and make improvements in your CTAs.
3. Utilize New Keyword
Even a strong keyword strategy may not drive good results all the time. Whereas. New, relevant keywords can boost your organic traffic.You can add new product features that open up new keyword opportunities. It will take time to incorporate these opportunities, but it’s all worth it to optimize your keyword strategy.
Don’t just follow a keyword strategy blindly. You may miss keyword opportunities that can raise organic traffic growth and benefit your competitors. Identify opportunities and incorporate them into your keyword strategy that helps to increase both organic traffic and brand visibility.
How to Find Keywords
- Start to identify “low-hanging opportunities.” These are the high search volume, and low competition keywords that fail to rank your site. You can find a lot of Keyword tools online for it.
- Insert your website or a relevant keyword into such a tool. This will show all the related keyword opportunities, which you need to use for popular terms.
- Filter out the keywords that are beyond your website’s Competitive edge. These metrics can tell your site’s past performance in organic search.
- Map the search intent of your keyword opportunities using Google and find what type of content ranks best.
- The Keyword tools can break out your competition of related terms that helps you to rank for.
4. Improve Architecture of your Site
Site architecture can play a vital role in crawling and defining humans navigation in your website. If your page architecture is complex, crawlers may not find which pages are more important in your site.
Users also may not find the relevant information they are looking for, which can bounce them from the website. This in turn drives negative ranking factors to search engines, and results in your site SERPs drop
Good architecture can boost your organic traffic by making your website high in the search results that increase chances of website links in SERPs.
How to Improve your Site Architecture
Marketers can’t agree with sitelinks as they are recognized by search engines on site architecture automatically. However, good website architecture can increase the rate of your sitelinks. Good site architecture is stated by a natural URLs, that moves from domain to subcategory.
Know the following strategies to improve your site architecture:
- Websites must be catered into categories and subcategories. Analyze your competitor sites to find the kinds of category that matches your brand.
- Increase your discoverability with a good navigation, one which directs all pages to the domain page.
- Your site’s internal linking structures are very important. Crawlers must link from pages and site. If it lacks links, then this can make some pages uncrawlable.
- The sitemap.xml file will help crawlers to find the important pages in your site, which wants to visible in sitelinks.
5. Use Blogs to Increase Rank
Blogging is one of the easiest ways to increase organic traffic with keywords especially non-branded keywords that your website ranks for. Blog posts can help you to position your brand as an expert in your niche with informational content. This gives you an opportunity to showcase all your products or services to users searching for related content
Blogging can uplift your marketing funnel and B2B marketing strategy, which streamlines your sales funnel with qualified leads for content.
But blog content can drive organic traffic only if you target real user needs. A blogging strategy that focuses on only products or services will fail to resonate.
How to Use Blogs For Organic Traffic
- Blogging is a resourceful activity. It may take longer to show results than other marketing strategies like paid search ads. So ensure to spend time carefully by crafting your SEO blogging strategy that guarantees organic traffic as soon as possible.
- If you already know your target keywords, then separate them into two sections like informational and transactional.
- If you don’t have a target keyword list, then it’s time to do your keyword research.
- Once you have the target keywords list, you can categorize them by volume, user intent or even pain points. This guarantees all your content is user-centric.
- Check out your competitors to find these keywords. You can use Competitor Keyword analysis tools to discover competitors ranking terms, then plan your unique strategy
- Create a content calendar along with the keywords you found in the strategies mentioned above.
Related reads: Simple Ways to Increase your YouTube Traffic
6. Get Featured Snippets
Google developed featured snippets in 2016. This snippets are enriched results that wants to answer a searcher’s queries directly, which means that they never want to leave Google for finding the required information.
The recent Google features graphs your website using search engine results. But it’s not the same in all cases. HubSpot reports that organic traffic increased after being added in a featured snippet.
Great architecture and content are ways to increase organic traffic using featured snippets. You need to make competitors down for gaining the rankings and brand presence.
How to Get Featured Snippets
Like your sitelinks strategy, the site’s featured snippets needs to be winning. You can’t reset when search engines shows you a featured snippet. However, you can follow these steps to increase your site ranking.
Google has many types of snippet formats which includes paragraphs, short lists and tables. With this in mind, follow all these steps to get your site featured snippet:
- Find keywords that target your featured results, which your already ranking for. Sites not available on page will not add in a snippet.
- Snippet-friendly SEO keywords are helpful, Your content must produce answers to questions earlier in the posts.
- Structure your site for crawlers. Integrate the question in subheadings, and add answers directly using <p> markup.
- High-quality, and SEO-optimized images are essential. Featured snippets will look into the image, so make sure your crawlers will find your images quickly.
- Drive clicks by formatting your website content
- Even if you can’t rule the featured snippet, these strategies will improve your site content by making it crawlable and shareable more.
There isn’t any single solution to increase your site organic traffic. Every marketing verticals, and website differs, you need to find your own approaches to get organic traffic growth. Also, don’t stop when your laurels on organic traffic increases, constant iteration is essential to keep up with SERPs.
Experiment with these 6 strategies, it can help you to find the recipe that can increase organic traffic. If you need to start increasing your organic traffic, feel free to contact us today!
4 thoughts on “How To Increase Your Website Organic Traffic in 6 Months”
Pleasant post, Thank you for sharing profitable data. I appreciated perusing this post. The entire blog is extremely pleasant discovered some well done. Thanks for sharing…Also visit my page.
on demand app development
Informative . need to foucs more on attarction. thanks for sharing.
online food ordering app development
Thanks for sharing such an amazing article, really informative.
home services app development
счастливая семейная жизнь